Monday, May 1, 2017

freshly made sketches #285 and color throwdown #440

hello hello & happy monday!!
here today with another challenge card -
I designed a card based on the following challenges:



And here is my card:

So... if you know my card making style you would know what a challenge this card was for me!! lol
I am not much of a stamper. I am not very good at CAS cards. My interpretation of sketches is usually very literal. That being said, I think I was successful in really stepping outside of my comfort zone with this card!

I watercolored the yellow swatch on the background panel. The flowers and leaves were each stamped with the same color ink - first with a watered down distress ink, then over the top with the same color distress ink, but not watered down... I'm sure that's nothing new, but it was a new to me technique ;)
The points of the leaves reminded me of the points on the star in the sketch... yep, I said I interpreted sketches literally, didn't I?! lol

I really enjoyed both the color challenge (I don't usually use purple) and the sketch challenge!!

thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
rae

3 comments:

  1. I love your rich purple flowers - they pop so well on the yellow background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purple flowers are wonderful with the yellow! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Those flowers are beautiful! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete