Monday, April 24, 2017

fusion challenge - truck bouquet

Back again with another challenge after my 14 month hiatus from paper crafting!!
It felt AMAZING to get back in my studio and play with paper and ink this weekend. Thank goodness there were some awesome challenges that I could attempt in an effort to get back into the swing of things and challenge my creativity!

I fell in love with the Fusion Truck Bouquet challenge as soon as I saw it... those flowers?! hello!!!

I was inspired by both the photo and the sketch - here is my design:

Did I say how much I fell in love with those flowers in that inspiration photo?! lol
I knew that I wanted flowers to take center stage on my card, so I designed my card around that concept. I decided to go with bold black stripes for the background design and the bold black and white contrast of the embossed sentiment strip to finish it off. And of course I had to add a touch of pizzazz with the glittery gold washi tape and the gold sequins - perfect finishing touch to a celebratory card. The papers were from Illustrated Faith 'She Blooms' collection and the stamp is from My Favorite Things 'Brushstroke Birthday' set.

So glad that I participated in this challenge - it really was a great catalyst to get my creative juices flowing again!!! Thanks Fusion team for the inspiration!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae

2 comments:

  1. I love EVERYTHING about this. Those gorgeous flowers paired with the bold stripes create the PERFECT design. Happy to be your newest follower (so now I can see all sorts of pretty things right in my inbox). Would love to have you drop by my blog, too! Thanks so much for sharing your design at Fusion and playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that floral panel and it is fabulous with the bold stripes! Beautiful card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete