Monday, April 24, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #218

Back again with another challenge after my 14 month hiatus from paper crafting!!
It felt AMAZING to get back in my studio and play with paper and ink this weekend. Thank goodness there were some awesome challenges that I could attempt in an effort to get back into the swing of things and challenge my creativity!

I have always been a fan of sketch challenges, was even a member of several sketch challenge design teams back in the day ;) ... but if you know my style I'm not much of a CAS card maker, which is why it is important that I challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone and attempt CAS cards!

Enter CAS(E) This Sketch challenge #218

I love it! But immediately my mind starts thinking of layers and patterns and STUFF, not white space! lol
It was a challenge to think 'clean', but still maintain true to my style of bold and striking...
here is what I came up with:

I ended up designing a trio of cards. Yes, I used patterned paper (from Dear Lizzy Documentary collection - I just love that bold floral) because I am not one of those amazing stampers... yet!
But I kept clean lines, bold black and white color accents, and simple, strong stamped sentiments (Dina Wakley stamp set). I have to say, I kinda love how these turned out ;)

I really enjoyed the challenge to keep my design clean, I think I'm going to be trying this more often! Thanks for the inspiration CAS(E) This Sketch team!!!!

thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae

3 comments: