Friday, January 29, 2016

CASology: adore

Hello there!
Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the latest challenge on the CASology blog:
In addition to the actual challenge spelled out on the cue card, the biggest challenge for me might be to remain CAS!! I LOVE the look of CAS cards, and greatly admire the designers who are able to exhibit such restraint in their designs and who embrace white space... I try my best, but usually fail miserably with layers and embellishments!! LOL
So, here's my card... I sort of 'adore' how it turned out!!
I recently purchased the 'By your side' stamp set from Concord & 9th, and have been eager to try it out - this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity!! If you know me, you know I am a huge sucker for unique sentiment stamps - when I saw this set, I knew right away that I had to had to have it!! I see myself using this set A LOT!! As for the rest of the card, I kept it simple by using a graphic patterned paper from Crate Paper's 'Hello Love' collection, and since I was at work when I created this card (shhh... don't tell!) I didn't have any other supplies with me, so I simply fussy cut a few hearts from a complementary paper to embellish the card.
This was a great challenge - glad that I got to play along! I'm also linking this up with Simon Says Stamp's 'Work It Wednesday' challenge, since I used my brand new Concord & 9th stamps :) 
Thanks for visiting!
xoxo
rae

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Love it. Will need to check out Concord & 9th for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pretty, geometric design! The bold, diagonal line is such a fun element on this!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete