Monday, October 19, 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge 16

hello hello!
I don't think I have yet played along with a challenge from Sparkle and Shine... and I don't know why it has taken me so long... who doesn't love sequins and sparkle?!
I was intrigued by their latest challenge, which is this inspiration photo, you can also see it HERE on the Sparkle and Shine challenge blog.
Those glittery pumpkins really spoke to me, but I knew that I didn't want to go with my initial instinct to outright add glitter to stamped pumpkin images.
 
So, I went for the trendy watercolor look instead by watercoloring them with dye inks. This was a fun, new to me technique to try. The stamps that I used are from Winnie & Walter's Moonlight stamp set.
I was further inspired by the neutral background in the inspiration photo, and I mimicked that with the colors of the patterned papers that I chose for my card... the tans and creams and black.
All in all, this was an 'outside of the comfort zone' card for me, as I don't normally work with purples, and I have to say that I really like how this card turned out!
 
Thanks for stopping by to take a look.
Can't wait for the next challenge!!
Until then..
Rae

5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Rae! Love all the layers and details on your card! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card ! I
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and the mix of patterns! Is that a journaling card? The twine and sequins are fantastic, too! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card! The background used for the pumpkins and mix of patterns is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete