Monday, October 26, 2015

freshly made sketches sketch #209


happy Monday!
I took on the latest sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, sketch #209 - a clean and simple sketch open to lots of interpretation, I love it! 
I just simply wasn't in the mood yet for a Christmas card, so here is my bright, watercolory interpretation instead! LOL

I created the smooshed watercolor background with some distress ink on watercolor paper. I used PTI Vintage Linens stamp set to create this card. I stamped the stems using the watercolor smooshing technique. I stamped the flowers with a dark pink ink then used a paint brush to watercolor the inside of the flowers with two different colors of pink distress ink.

I am new to watercolor painting, but I have to say that I really enjoyed playing around with this technique and can't wait to look up some tutorials and learn more about it!

Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae

1 comment:

  1. For being new to watercoloring......you did a fantastic job doing it. This card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete