Monday, September 14, 2015

Card Design Superstar contest

There's some fun going on over on the MFT Card Challenges blog!! They are hosting a challenge called 'You Could be a Card Design Superstar'
There are already bunches of amazzzzzing entries - you definitely need to go check these cards out if you haven't already!!
Since I am a huge fan of MFT, and have been for quite a while, I thought I would give this challenge a go!

Here is my entry:
Go bold or go home, right?!
I used a bunch of my favorite MFT products on this card!!
I started with the diagonal stripes stencil - I used black ink to create the eye catching diagonal stripes. I then die cut the black cardstock frame using the MFT Die-namics stitched rectangle STAX. I stamped a sentiment from one of my all-time favorite MFT sentiment stamp sets, LJD Words of Inspiration . Then I played with my new favorite MFT stamp set, the watercolor flowers set!  I used some of my MFT dye inks for stamping/watercolor stamping the flowers and leaves. After stamping/watercolor stamping the flowers and leaves, I fussy cut them out (I don't own the coordinating dies... yet!), and adhered them to the card using foam tape for dimension.
And of course one of my cards isn't complete without a little bit of bling... so I added a few black rhinestones to the flower centers and an adhesive pearl border around the die cut frame.

This was so much fun to create!! I combined some 'new to me' techniques, like using the stencil and watercolor stamping, and combined them with some of my favorite card making techniques - techniques that you can learn HERE in the MFT Summer School archives such as focal point, gallon/quart/pint, and color saturation.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Until next time...
Rae


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the sentiment and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Very striking and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stunning! The bold black and white against the bright pink and the sweet pearl border... just perfect!

    ReplyDelete