Sunday, September 6, 2015

AEI(heart)U challenge #28: non-white card base

Took on a fun challenge from AEI(heart)U...
AEI(heart)U challenge #28 is to create a card using a non-white card base.
This was a fun one.... here is what I came up with....
I chose to work with a dark charcoal gray cardstock as the card base. The cardstock panel is also a lighter shade of grey, matted with yellow striped patterned paper. I worked with Avery Elle's Weather It stamp set. The umbrella and clouds are paper pieced. I stamped the raindrops with Versamark then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. The sentiment was stamped on a strip of white cardstock and I notched the end. I wrapped some yellow string around the card front and tied a bow. A few clear sequins add some additional sparkle.

Great challenge, thanks AEI(heart)U!!
Until next time....
xoxo
rae


1 comment: