Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Simon Says: food and/or drink

hello hello!!
Back with another Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge card!
This week's challenge was Food and/or Drink.... and it made me realize that I do not have ANY stamps that pertain to food and/or drink! lol - might have to do a little shopping to change that!!

So, I did make do with what I have, and used my Simon Says Stamp Ice Cream Cone Parade die.
This was a fun card to design - used lots of scraps for the ice cream - just wanted to create a cheery, colorful card.
I die cut the ice cream cones from the white panel, then again from kraft paper, so they are in effect inlaid within the white panel. I die cut the ice cream from scraps of patterned paper - and the cool thing is now I have four extra of each color, so I can make four more cards just like this! Then I added the kraft cone bottoms. I layered a the white panel with yellow patterned paper and teal cardstock; tied twine around the piece; then adhered it with pop dots to the card base. The banner sentiment is by Neat and Tangled.

Thanks for the challenge Simon ;)
Until next time...
rae


1 comment:

  1. hello Rae! so sorry to read of your bloggy mess, I started following....well, because your work is super FAB and because we all luv new followers! what a fun card, I luv ice cream in the summer, it is sooo refreshing....your card makes me want to grab a scoop now. luvin the colors and patterned papers......thanks for the inspiration. so glad you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete