Sunday, August 23, 2015

back to school

Summer has been over here for several weeks for my kiddos, they went back to school on August 4th! But back to school time means 'play time' for many stay at home moms, am I right?! That used to be me - I remember it VERY well!!! I couldn't wait until I had uninterrupted crafty play time!! LOL
It appears that there are several current 'back to school' challenges, so I decided to create a card that pays homage to this time of year!
In addition to the theme 'back to school', other common characteristics of the challenges include the colors red, yellow, and black. 
Here is my creation:

I created a chalkboard of sorts by matting black cardstock with strips of kraft cardstock. I heat embossed the enlightening sentiment from the Shine from Within collection by Reverse Confetti with white embossing powder. The rest of the card is made up of elements that supplemented the 'school' theme: the red apples which were fussy cut from patterned paper, the date sticker, the yellow stripes in the patterned paper reminded me of pencils, and I used the tattered edge paper punch on the lined school paper. 
I created my card to fit into the following great challenges: Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, and Can You Case It? challenge #83 (you can also click on each image to go to challenge blogs)

http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/08/curtain-call-inspiration-challenge_16.html




I LOVED these challenges!! Can't wait to play along with additional challenges at each site!!
Thanks for stopping by today!!
until next time....
rae



10 comments:

  1. Rae, your card is adorable! The apples and twine/clothespin are freaking cute! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man....you are quick, Miss Lady!! I love this card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at CYCI!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Great layering and I love the sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love the details - the apples, the twine and the clothespin add a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations you have just won our challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Could you please contact us using the email address in the sidebar of the challenge blog so we can explain how you claim your prize. Happy shopping !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love this card! Thanks for joining us at canyoucaseit.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the heat embossing of the greeting and how you used the colors and elements, they all work so well together. Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI?

    ReplyDelete