Monday, July 27, 2015

you are awesome

Hello hello and happy Monday!
Here today to share a card that, well, I'm pretty darn excited about.... let me tell you why!
For starters, the card was made for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge
- I love their weekly challenges, so that alone is exciting!!

I also followed the latest sketch from Case This Sketch #133
So... let's get to the 'why' I'm excited about this card. 

When I saw these darling vellum circles from Neat and Tangled, I fell in love!! 

Unfortunately my scrappy budget is sitting at $0 right now, so I came up with a way to replicate this look - for free - using supplies I had on hand!! :)

You can do it too - all you need is plain vellum, distress ink, and water!
Yep. I smooshed distress ink on vellum, then after it dried, I cut out varying sized circles with circle punches!
And then I used them on my card like so:
Can I tell you again how much I LOVE how this turned out?!
The variegated blue (mermaid lagoon)?!?! my fave!!
I added a splattering of sequins for the sparkle - but I really think that the watercolor smooshed vellum circles provide the 'shine' here with their unique, vivid colors. And the awesome 'you are awesome' sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Big Scripty Greetings set shines itself right on top of it all!
This was such a fun card to create - so glad that I got the chance to play along with both challenges!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae

6 comments:

  1. A real eye catcher!!! Love this Rae!
    Thanks for playing at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful, bright circles!! So happy & vibrant!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and the added sequins give your card a great finishing touch.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous! I love it! Fantastic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the sketch--love those vellum circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya on the $0 budget... I am thinking this would be cool with tissue paper too! And make for fun layering! Great idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete