Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Simon Says: Furry Friends

This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is 'furry friends'.
This was reallllly a challenge for me, as I am not much of a colorer - LOL.
But to be honest, I was actually looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone and trying to work with a stamped image.
I chose to use Simon Says Stamp's 'Birthday Farm Animals' stamp set and coordinating dies.

I actually love how this one turned out!!
I started with a smooshed background, which was created with Distress inks.
After stamping the pig I used watered down distress ink to create 'watercolor' and used it to paint the image. The balloon is paper pieced with a scrap of polka dot paper.
The card front was made using distress ink and a My Favorite Things diagonal stripes stencil.
The sentiment is from the Birthday Farm Animal stamp set. The banner is from Avery Elle's Build a Banner set.

This was a perfect challenge for me, I really enjoyed watercoloring he image, definitely want to try this again!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae


No comments:

Post a Comment