Saturday, July 18, 2015

Simon says: Get In Shape

This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is shaped cards (no squares or rectangles) - awesome!! I haven't made a shaped card in a long time, so this is a welcome challenge!!

When it came down to creating though, I couldn't think of a shape I wanted to work with! LOL So I chose to work with a tag shape.


I used patterned paper from a Heidi Swapp paper stack from Hobby Lobby, and 'dip dyed' paper from another paper stack from Michael's. But that stamp set... oh my goodness, just cracks me up every time - it's I Love Donuts from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped the donuts on watercolor paper, and watercolored the 'icing' with distress inks, then stamped the sprinkles on top once everything dried. I framed the stamped sentiment with a bit of black cardstock before adhering it to the stitched fish tail tag diecut. I finished the tag shaped card with a bit of black and white bakers twine and a few silver sequins.

A fun result from a great challenge to get us out of our square and rectangular card zone!!
Thanks SSS!!!
xoxo
rae

1 comment:

  1. rae! this is so fun!! i love the colors and the sentiment is the best :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete