Tuesday, July 28, 2015

MFT sketch challenge #238

Another fantastic sketch is up on the Card Challenges blog this week - MFT sketch #238

oohh.... I like this one!!!
I played with my new MFT watercolor flowers stamps, and made, well, watercolor flowers!! 
I mixed peach and pink inks on the stamp and then spritzed them with water before stamping to make these delicious flowers - a little something I learned from my dear friend and MFT designer Kimberly Crawford, which you can learn about HERE on her awesome video. I don't own the the flower dies (yet!), so I fussy cut them out and adhered them to the card. In lieu of the rectangular panel in the sketch, I used my MFT stitched fishtail flag dies to create a layered panel to run across the card. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps Big Scripty Greetings set.
I embossed the white background panel with a large dot embossing folder, and also used a large stitched rectangle die to cut it out. I splashed a few sequins on the card to give it a little sparkle ;)
The most exciting part about this card however, is that I sent it to someone who I think is absolutely AWESOME - I can't wait until she gets it!! :)

 *ETA - I'm adding this card to the Simon Says Stamp 'Anything Goes Challenge', just 'cause I love this card so much, I want to share it everywhere!! ;)

thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I am so loving your card, Rae! The pinks and greens with the black and white stripes are stunning! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the polkadot embossing in white mixed with the bold watercolor and b/w stripe! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete