Tuesday, July 7, 2015

MFT color challenge 24


The latest color challenge at MFT card challenges (challenge 24) had me a little worried at first....
as it's not really a color combination that I would readily choose to design with. But again, I look to these challenges as well, 'challenges', a way to step outside of my comfort zone when designing a card.
I'm not going to lie, initially this usually causes some anxiety.... trying to find the right products in the right colors from my craft arsenal to match the colors in the challenge is difficult since I don't own ANY of the MFT cardstock or inks named in the challenge! I would presume that designing is a bit less stressful when you own the actual papers and inks that the challenge calls for using!! ;)

After my anxiety of trying to find the right shades of color subsides, then I can move on to design... and this is the design that I ended up with.... the SECOND time:


It sort of reminded me of an art piece hanging in a gallery. I smooshed distress ink colors (mustard seed, ripe persimmon, broken china) on watercolor paper panels, then framed them with the light lemony yellow cardstock (because I felt that the yellow panel was too bright of a yellow, and I wanted to pull in the lighter yellow color from the color challenge swatch). The stamp is from LJD Words of Inspiration set by MFT.

Now I did say that the above card was my SECOND attempt....
for some reason, that I can't explain, I was not happy with the way that my first card turned out, but will share it here just for fun:
Thanks for stopping by today!!
xoxo
rae

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae!! Love that you made the colors happen--it made for a fun card in the end :) I totally agree with you--it's called "challenge" for a reason right!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete