Sunday, June 28, 2015

Winnie & Walter Gossip Column challenge

I just LOVE Taheerah Atchia's Gossip Column blog posts!! And post No.3 is no exception! She interviewed the oh-so-talented Jocelyn Olson. What a great interview!! You can see the blog post HERE.
So the challenge was to create card inspired by Jocelyn's style, which I happen to love!!!

I actually ended up creating two cards- can't decide which one I like best!
And then I made this one...
One of my favorite things to do is play with color and pattern, even if it is just with patterned paper. I dug through my scrap bin to find these papers which I ultimately paired with this old Echo Park sticker. I found an old chipboard scalloped circle which I paained white, then added some fine glitter to when dry. The sentiment was made from two Winne & Walter stamps. I added the strip of lace to mimic the original card, and I really wanted to add the machine stitching like Jocelyn's card, but my machine is on the fritz, so I used the white twine as a fiber replacement instead.
It's easy to make cards when you are inspired by such a great designer!!!! Fabulous work Jocelyn!!
xoxo
rae

4 comments:

  1. A duo of stunning cards Rae! I can see why you found it hard to pick a favourite!

    The first has such great use of colour but with a bold style - and I just love that string of sequins! And the second is layering and pattern mixing perfection! Great layering too! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thank you so much for your kind words as well - they really made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute cards. I like the second one...it kinda looks like washi tape being used....I had to read your post to find out, it wasn't. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We win with 2 cards from you and both are really awesome! Love the boldness and white space on the first with that string of sequins! Your use of patterns, texture and color in the second is fabulous. Thank you so very much for joining in on The Gossip Column challenge.

    ReplyDelete