Monday, June 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Friend

I am LOVING card challenges again!!! They have really inspired me to find my creativity!!
This weekend, I tackled Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge - a card for a friend
While I still seem to be sticking with my norm (patterned paper, love of color, light layering, clean design with minimal embellishment), I am trying to branch out and try new techniques!
On this card, I again tried my hand at the 'smooshing' technique and I actually LOVE how this one turned out!
I used mustard seed distress ink on this panel. I built the rest of the card around the watercolor panel, which, to be honest, took me a LONG time - I am a very slow card maker! But I think the colors and patterns play off of each other really well, I see texture and movement, and I think in the end it is a good mix of my typical style with a mix of something new.

Happy to have found another great challenge!!
Until next time~
xoxo
rae

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Rae, a lovely design and super papers with a gorgeous inked panel with great sentiment and details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Rae! awesome, I luv the freestyle collage of this card! the striped sweet heart makes me smile! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete