Wednesday, June 17, 2015

MFT color challenge 23

I love color. I love combining color. But sometimes I struggle with color combinations that aren't my 'norm', so what better way to work through that uneasiness than with a Color Challenge!! I decided to take on the latest MFT Color challenge 

Now what is REALLLLLY challenging for me is the fact that I don't own any MFT cardstock or ink in those exact colors, so I am immediately prompted to get creative!! What I DO have, in plentitude, is patterned paper!! So, I rummaged through my hoard, I mean stash, and found papers that matched those of the challenge colors. Then I looked for embellishments that would fit the color parameters, and voila...
I added a MFT die cut border, and sentiments from the MFT set Simply Fabulous Sayings. I undertook the laborious task of fussy cutting the 'Awesome' sentiment after I stamped it.  I love fussy cutting - and I love how the word stands out on the card! 
So that's that. My color challenge card made from products from my craft supply arsenal. I have decided that rather than get upset about all of the new/trendy supplies that I DON'T have, I will just find a way to get creative and trendy with the supplies that I already own! 
Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, Rae! Love the way you layered everything. Glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete