Sunday, June 28, 2015

fusion {bright butterfly} challenge


When I first saw the inspiration photo for the latest Fusion challenge (which you can see HERE) I have to say that I was quite intimidated, as I really don't ever use colors that bright. But, that's what a challenge is right? A reason to step outside of your comfort zone!
So here is the inspiration photo and sketch:

I chose to use both the color scheme and the sketch when designing my card: 

Still using my new distress inks and newly learned smooshing technique ;) The butterfly dies and clear sentiment stamp are by Simon Says Stamp. I am also linking this card up for the Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" Wednesday Challenge.

This was a great challenge!
Until next time...
xoxo
rae

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the vibrancy and intensity of this card, Rae! It is absolutely SUPERB! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love that background! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful inked background - the stripe panel beneath frames it nicely - lovely layered butterfly and bold sentiment! thanks for joining us in the Fusion challenge!

    ReplyDelete