Thursday, June 25, 2015

curtain call inspiration challenge: June 15 Flip Flops

I was SOOOO excited about this challenge!!! I even ran out to the store to get some new distress ink JUST for the challenge!! And then I missed the deadline for linking it up :( ....
oh well, life got in the way, nothing I can do about it now, other than share the card with you here!
This was the inspiration photo for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge June 15 - Flip Flops
I fell in love with that turquoise color!!
So I practiced some distress ink blending, and water coloring, and tried my best to emulate that gorgeous turquoise color. In the end, I have to say that I pretty much LOVE the color I built!!
Now I am BRAND new to his whole stamping-blending-watercolor-smooshing thing, but I have to say... it's kinda fun!!
I layered these distress inks to create the 'water' background 
I really enjoyed this challenge and am looking forward to the next one! I just need to make sure that I submit my entry before the deadline next time I play!!
Hey, I know.... I can enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes"!! woohoo!! :)
xoxo
rae

1 comment:

  1. Love the texture on the background you have created using distress ink. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge :)

    ReplyDelete