Wednesday, January 28, 2015

w&w 1st birthday bash | mood board challenge



Happy 1st Birthday winnie & walter!!! I'm back with my final challenge in honor of your birthday celebration!! I had an absolute BLAST playing along with the challenges that you offered on your blog as part of  your big birthday bash...

I participated in 9 out of 10 challenges, and I loved every single one!! I am determined to incorporate more stamping into my projects and break away from my card making of old, which I believe has rendered my style very passé. It has been a breath of fresh air to use all of my favorite winnie & walter stamps on these cards, and as I am eyeing the new w&w January release, there are MANY more products that I want to add to my paper crafting arsenal!!
So, on to the challenge...
Here is the mood board challenge that we got to work from....

Love it! I chose several elements from the mood board to use on my card: the blackboard, the glittery block style 'cheers' letters, the sparkly magenta pink fringe, the gold polka dot overlay on the dress, the spattering of gold confetti the girl is blowing into the air, and the general theme of 'gold'.

And here is what I created...
squeeal.... I actually LOVE how this turned out!!
I LOVED working with this mood board, and I definitely want to use this type of prompt again to design cards!
Thank you for the AMAZING challenges during your birthday celebration, winnie & walter, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself!! Wishing you MANY more successful birthdays!!!
xoxo-
rae

Supplies used:
'love' stamp from The Big, the Bold, and the Happy set by winnie & walter, Zing gold embossing powder American Crafts, Versamark watermark ink, WRMK sheer gold dot metallic vellum, MME chalkboard tag, GCD chipboard letters, Making Memories gold glitter, gold sequins, fuchsia glitter ribbon (Michael's), foam tape 

No comments:

Post a Comment