Wednesday, January 28, 2015

w&w 1st birthday bash | distress inks and patterns challenge

Happy to be back with another winnie & walter challenge card in celebration of their 1st birthday!!
The challenge that I am undertaking here is the 'distress inks and patterns challenge'.
So, as I have mentioned before, I do not own many (any!) image stamps... note to self: need to start purchasing image stamps! So, I knew that I would have to create some sort of pattern with a sentiment... this is what I came up with:


On my card I used Ranger's mini distress ink in picked raspberry to stamp the winnie & walter stamp 'love' (from The Big, the Bold, and the Happy set) repeatedly to create the pattern that you see in the heart shape. I also inked the edges of all of the hearts with the distress ink, and also inked the the small Heidi Swapp color magic heart with the same distress ink.
I  heat embossed the 'you' winnie & walter sentiment (from The Big, the Bold and You set) in gold embossing powder (Zing American Crafts), fussy cut around the sentiment, and adhered it to the die cut arrow with foam tape. I edged the arrow with a gold Sharpie to add more definition (and gold!) to the project.  I spritzed some Heidi Swapp gold lamé color shine to add even more gold (gotta love gold!!) to the card ;) A few K&Co. puffy heart stickers finish off the design. (the papers are also Heidi Swapp from 6x6 pad Dreamy collection)

Another fantastic challenge to get me thinking outside of the box and get me more accustomed to stamping!! Thank you for the inspiration winnie & walter!!
xoxo-
rae

No comments:

Post a Comment