Tuesday, January 27, 2015

w&w 1st birthday bash | sketch challenge


If you know me, you know I love a good sketch. And lo and behold, another great challenge of the Winnie & Walter 1st birthday bash celebration is this fantastic sketch challenge....

I jumped right into this challenge, and here is my card:
I used the 'hello' stamp from The Big, the Bold, and the Happy set from winnie & walter. I heat embossed with black embossing powder.... messily :( ... isn't there a product out there that prevents the stray embossing powder from getting all over your project?! I really struggle with black embossing powder ruining my embossed sentiments - if anyone knows a product that can help with that, please leave a comment telling me all about it!! TIA!!

I really only own sentiment stamp sets, but one of my paper crafting goals this year is to branch out and try more image stamping! I die cut a circle in that yummy yellow/white/gold polka dot paper, and adhered the black embossed sentiment behind the die cut circle.The flower and leaf images here come from a (very) old Papertrey set, which I heat embossed with white embossing powder and then just mixed several inks and chalk inks until I got the desired color. I added the black dots in the flower center with a black Sharpie marker. The flower and leaves are adhered with foam tape. The 'gorgeous' and 'friend' strips are also heat embossed in black and adhered with foam tape for dimension.

Thanks for the great sketch w&w!!
(by the way, I'm having a BLAST celebrating with you!!)
xoxo-
rae

No comments:

Post a Comment