Tuesday, January 27, 2015

w&w 1st birthday bash | collage challenge

happy happy 1st birthday winnie & walter!! I'm still having a blast with your celebration... these challenges have really helped me get creative, just what I needed this past weekend!!!
This challenge is called the 'collage challenge' and this was the collage prompt that was provided:

Absolutely stunning. I had fun picking details out of the collage to pull supplies together to create my card. Here is what I created:

I chose the teal color from the scarf and the patterned white paper from the stone candlestick holders. The jute twine is a nod to the wooden tray. I 'tried', and I truly emphasize 't.r.i.e.d' to replicate the stamped sentiment in the collage photo, but I know that I failed miserably!! LOL I was going to redo the stamping, but I was running out of steam (this is the last challenge that I attempted), and decided to just throw in the towel! The white heat embossed layered birthday cake is a nod to the painted ornaments on the wooden tray and the snow in the reindeer photo. And the stars, well, I suppose they are self explanatory ;) 
Truthfully, this is not my favorite card that I have ever made, but sometimes that happens, doesn't it? My mind formulated a concept, it seemed good at it's inception, but in the end it just didn't turn out as I would have liked. C'est la vie!! ;)

Thanks for the great collage inspiration winnie & walter!!
xoxo-
rae

Supplies used:
Crate Paper patterned paper; stamps from The Big, the Bold, the Happy and The Big, the Bold and You stamp sets by winnie & walter; Tsukineko onyx black pigment ink; Studio Calico silver star sequins; white embossing powder; Versamark watermark ink; Nina B. Designs cake stamp; May Arts jute twine; My Mind's Eye chalkboard tag; star stamps; tulle

No comments:

Post a Comment