Monday, January 26, 2015

w&w 1st birthday bash | the 'one' challenge

Back with another winnie & walter 1st birthday bash challenge attempt! This time I am trying my hand at the 'one' challenge. Here are the challenge details :

'Make a new project using the number 1 or one, one color, one pattern, one layer, one embellishment, one photo, one word or one stamp set (and so on)...really anyway to incorporate one into your project!  You can focus on a single option or combine the options (for instance a one layer card using one color + one embellishment).'

How fun does that sound?! 

So... here is what I ended up with: one stamp, one layer, one embellishment.

I again chose to use the 'love' stamp from w&w's The Big, the Bold, and the Happy set, this time heat embossed in white. I just love this scripty font!! I
To create the card, I strategically cut the 12" x 12" piece of paper so that the red heart would be centered on the card, rounded the edges, and adhered it to a red card base measuring 5" square. I realized as I was tackling these challenges that I really don't own any background or image stamps, my stamp collection consists solely of sentiments - I think I am going to have to branch out a little bit this year and try some non-sentiment sets! Back to the card... I adhered a chipboard heart to the card front. After stamping the sentiment in black cardstock, I heat embossed with white embossing powder, then fussy cut the sentiment (my favorite! I love fussy cutting!!) - and adhered it to the card front with foam tape.
I really like the bold colors and simplicity of this card, thanks w&w for another fun challenge!!

xoxo-
rae

Supplies: love stamp from The Big, the Bold, and the Happy set by winnie & walter; Versamark watermark ink; white embossing powder; embossing gun; patterned paper and chipboard heart from Cupid's Arrow collection by My Mind's Eye; red cardstock by Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment