Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Back to School

hello hello!
Back today with another Simon Says Stamp challenge.
This week's challenge is.... Back to School!

You can see the details of the challenge HERE

With the challenge deadline quickly approaching, I whipped up this card this morning before I left for work...

I recently made my first purchase at Simon Says Stamp (I had been eyeing their wafer thin sentiment dies for quite some time, and finally took the plunge!), so this challenge was the perfect impetus to use my new 'teacher' die!
I chose random papers to evoke a school-themed backdrop for the focal point, which is the chalkboard that I created by framing a piece of black textured cardstock with 1/8" strips of tan textured cardstock. I added a few random accents that were laying in proximity to my craft table (I was running short on time to develop a more detailed card!), and voila, finished product!

Thanks for stopping by today, I truly appreciate it!!
until next time...
xoxo
rae

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card Rae!! Love the papers you used and you rocked that SSS Teacher die! Fab card!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete