Monday, July 14, 2014

Viva la Verve - July week 1 sketch and color challenge

I'm baaaccckkkk...... lol!!!!
I've been feeling creative lately and since I have amassed quite a 'large' collection of paper crafting products over the years, as well as some recently acquired new-to-me stamps, I thought I'd put them to some good use and play along with some challenges!

First up, this very inspiring color and sketch challenge, Viva la Verve July week 1 sketch and color challenge:




I fell in love with the summery feel of the colors and it was the perfect excuse to use my new Verve stamp!


I cut thin strips of cardstock scraps and adhered them to mimic the sketch. I die cut an oval from a scrap of aqua cardstock, stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and adhered it behind the oval die cut. I hand placed bling around the perimeter of the oval. Then I wrapped some brown hemp cord around the cardstock piece and added a wood Studio Calico anchor to the bow, and adhered the piece to the card front with foam tape.

I just love this sentiment, and I am really happy with how this card turned out. I think I am just happy to be getting my 'mojo' back!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved that stamp set - beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete