Monday, July 28, 2014

Simon Says Stamp: Emboss It Wednesday Challenge

greetings & salutations! happy to have had the opportunity to get crafty this weekend and play along with another Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp, this weeks' challenge was "Emboss It". I don't have all of the latest and greatest new supplies, so I made do with what I do have, which was a polka dot embossing folder and ink. Yes, it's a rather old technique to ink the embossing folder before running it through the machine (Cuttlebug, in my circumstance), but it was a technique that I had never tried, so at least the challenge inspired me to 'give it a go'! Here is my result....
In addition to the polka dot embossing folder and PTI ink, I also used some cardstock scraps, an old Michael's $1 rubber stamp, some random sequins, and a camera fussy cut from patterned paper. I am so glad that I have challenges like these to turn to to encourage me to use the supplies that I have hoarded over the years. Trust me, I would be using current product if I could, but I just don't have the budget to stay current! :(
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
xoxo
rae

2 comments:

  1. I love the bold black and white aspects of your fabulous card - the embossing looks awesome too.
    Thanks for playing along in the Simon Says Stamp Emboss It Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, your background embossing is just great

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete